Law Department basically deals with all legal matters concerning the State Government. It is entrusted with drafting, legislation, advice on legal matters to Government Departments and publication of Bills and Acts, and vetting of statutory notifications, rules, bye-laws of the various administrative Departments of the Government of Meghalaya. The Officers of the Law Department are borne from the Meghalaya Legal Service and the ministerial staff belongs to the Meghalaya Secretariat Service.
The business of the Government of Meghalaya is transacted in accordance with the Rules of Executive Business of the Government of the State of Meghalaya. These rules have been framed under clause (2) and (3) of Article 166 of the Constitution of India.
- Notification No.LL(B)47/2005/Pt.II/362 Dated Shillong the 7th December,2018 - Designation of the following as Appellate Authority and Public Information Officers and Assistant Public Information Officers of Law Department.
- Notification No.LJ(A)28/2001/309 Dated Shillong, the 31st October,2018 - Appointment of Shri Jan Khyndiah as Vice-Chairman of Meghalaya State Law Commission under "Category B" with facilities...
- Notification No.LJ(B).69/2012/48 Dated Shillong, the 26th October,2018 - Appointment of Smti Delis Mary Suja, MCS as Additional Deputy Commissioner, East Jaintia Hills District, Khliehriat...
- Notification No.LL(B).56/2017/5.- The Meghalaya Societies Registration (Amendment) Act, 2018 (Act No.9 of 2018) is hereby published for general information.
- ERRATA No.LL(B).56/2017/10.- In Notification No.LL(B)56/2017/5, Dated 9th October,2018.
- Notification No.LL(B)85/2001/204 Dated Shillong, the 9th October,2018 -The Meghalaya Protection of Interest of Depositors (in Financial Establishments) Act, 2018(Act No.8 of 2018) is hereby published for general information.