Law Department basically deals with all legal matters concerning the State Government. It is entrusted with drafting, legislation, advice on legal matters to Government Departments and publication of Bills and Acts, and vetting of statutory notifications, rules, bye-laws of the various administrative Departments of the Government of Meghalaya. The Officers of the Law Department are borne from the Meghalaya Legal Service and the ministerial staff belongs to the Meghalaya Secretariat Service.
The business of the Government of Meghalaya is transacted in accordance with the Rules of Executive Business of the Government of the State of Meghalaya. These rules have been framed under clause (2) and (3) of Article 166 of the Constitution of India.
- Notification No.LJ(B)4/2018/123 Dated Shillong,the 1st October,2019 - Appointment of the following Officers as Executive Magistrates and further under sub-section (2) thereof, as Flying Squad, Static Surveillance Team in connection with the forthcoming Bye-Election tot he Member of Legislative Assembly,2019-20 for 26-Shella (ST) Assembly Constituency.
- Notification No.LJ(B).73/2012/22 Dated Shillong, the 30th September,2019 - Investment of powers of the following MCS Officers with the powers of the Executive Magistrates in the South West Garo Hills...
- Advertisement - Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) for engaging as a Chartered Accountant in the Offices of the Legal Remembrancer, Government of Meghalaya and Advocate General, Meghalaya.
- Notification No.LJ(A)237/80/306 - Dated, Shillong the 26th September, 2019 - Investment of power to appoint the Additional District & Session Judge, West Khasi Hills District ,Nongstoin as the Additional Deputy Commissioner, West Khasi Hills District,Nongstoin for the trial of all offences...
- Notification No.LJ(A)237/80/305 - Dated, Shillong the 26th September, 2019 - Investment of power to appoint the Additional District & Session Judge, Ri-bhoi District as a member of Tribunal with effect fromt he date of taking over charge and until further orders.