Law Department basically deals with all legal matters concerning the State Government. It is entrusted with drafting, legislation, advice on legal matters to Government Departments and publication of Bills and Acts, and vetting of statutory notifications, rules, bye-laws of the various administrative Departments of the Government of Meghalaya. The Officers of the Law Department are borne from the Meghalaya Legal Service and the ministerial staff belongs to the Meghalaya Secretariat Service.
The business of the Government of Meghalaya is transacted in accordance with the Rules of Executive Business of the Government of the State of Meghalaya. These rules have been framed under clause (2) and (3) of Article 166 of the Constitution of India.
- I/D.No.LJ(B).47/2005/Pt.I/129 Dated Shillong the 16th July,2018 - Notification No.LL(B)47/2005/Pt.II/319, Dated 15.11.2016 and the name of the employees under Law (B) Department.
- Notification No.LJ(B).21/2014/16 Dated Shillong, the 4th July,2018 - Appointment of Smti Tangchiring K. Sangma, MCS, Extra Assistant Commissioner as Asstt. to the Deputy Commissioner, North Garo Hills District, Resubelpara.
- Notification No.LJ(B)1/2018/35 Dated Shillong, the 27th June,2018 - Appointment the following Non-MCS Officers as Executive Magistrates in connection with the illegal transportation of coal including mining as per National Green Tribunal (NGT) Order....
- Notification No.LJ(B)30/2000/Pt/263 Dated Shillong the 25th June, 2018 - Resignation dated 08.06.2018 submitted by Shri Jan Unisakhiat G.Kyndiah, Notary, West Jaintia Hills District, Jowai with effect from 08.06.2018.
- I/D.No.LL.(B)78/2017/42 Dated Shillong the 12th June,2018 - Meghalaya Higher Education Council Act,2018 (Act No.3 of 2018).
- Notification No.LJ(A)28/2001/Pt.I/327 Dated Shillong the 5th June,2018 - Appointment of Shri. Pyllang Nongbri, Adv,Meghalaya High Court, Shillong as the Member of the Meghalaya State Law Commission...