Law Department basically deals with all legal matters concerning the State Government. It is entrusted with drafting, legislation, advice on legal matters to Government Departments and publication of Bills and Acts, and vetting of statutory notifications, rules, bye-laws of the various administrative Departments of the Government of Meghalaya. The Officers of the Law Department are borne from the Meghalaya Legal Service and the ministerial staff belongs to the Meghalaya Secretariat Service.
The business of the Government of Meghalaya is transacted in accordance with the Rules of Executive Business of the Government of the State of Meghalaya. These rules have been framed under clause (2) and (3) of Article 166 of the Constitution of India.
- Advertisement - Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) For engaging as a Chartered Accountant in the Offices of the Legal Remembrancer, Government of Meghalaya and Advocate General, Meghalaya.
- Corrigendum No.LJ(A)77/2000/Pt/283 - Dated Shillong, th 30th October,2019 - The woeds appearing as "The Chief Judicial Magistrate,Nongpoh, Ribhoi District" in the L.No.LJ(A)77/2000/Pt/280 dated 22.10.19 may please be read as "the Chief Judicial Magistrate. East Khasi Hills,Shillong".
- Notification No.LL(B)148/85/469 Dated Shillong, the 15th October,2019 - The Legislative Assembly of Meghalaya (Members Pension) (Amendment) Act, 2019 (Act No.11 of 2019) is hereby published for general information.
- Notification No.LJ(A)77/2000/Pt./282 Dated Shillong, the 22nd October,2019 - Investment of Powers the Chief Judicial Magistrate , East Khasi Hills District, Shillong with the powers of Assistant District & Sessions Judge of the Sessions Division, Shillong to enable the officer to exercise such powers within local limit of his/her jurisdiction...
- Notification No.LJ(A)77/2000/Pt./281 Dated Shillong, the 22nd October,2019 - Designated the Additional District & Session Judge, Ri Bhoi District Nongpoh as the Special Court to try offences under the aforesaid Act...