Law Department basically deals with all legal matters concerning the State Government. It is entrusted with drafting, legislation, advice on legal matters to Government Departments and publication of Bills and Acts, and vetting of statutory notifications, rules, bye-laws of the various administrative Departments of the Government of Meghalaya. The Officers of the Law Department are borne from the Meghalaya Legal Service and the ministerial staff belongs to the Meghalaya Secretariat Service.
The business of the Government of Meghalaya is transacted in accordance with the Rules of Executive Business of the Government of the State of Meghalaya. These rules have been framed under clause (2) and (3) of Article 166 of the Constitution of India.
- Notification No.LJ(B)53/93/Pt/118 Dated Shillong the 13th January,2021 - Appointment of the following Officers as Executive Magistrate in the interest of Public services within East Khasi Hills District..
- Notification No.LJ(A)32/92/Pt.V/17 - Appointment of the following persons as Additional Government Pleaders/Additional Public Prosecutors, for the respective Districts as..
- Notification No.LJ(A)32/92/Pt.V/16 - Appointment of the following Advocate as Special Public Prosecutor under sub-section (1) of Section 32 of the POCSO Act, 2012..
- Notification No.LR(A)32/92/Pt.IV/261 - Appointment of Smti. Joplin Marbaniang , Addll. Public Prosecutor, District Council Court as Special Public Prosecutor for conducting the case relating to No.38...
- Notification No.LJ(B)53/93/Pt/115 Dated, Shillong the 16th December,2020 - Appointment of the following Officers as Executive Magistrate in the interest of Public services within East Khasi Hills District with immediate effect and until further orders.