Law Department basically deals with all legal matters concerning the State Government. It is entrusted with drafting, legislation, advice on legal matters to Government Departments and publication of Bills and Acts, and vetting of statutory notifications, rules, bye-laws of the various administrative Departments of the Government of Meghalaya. The Officers of the Law Department are borne from the Meghalaya Legal Service and the ministerial staff belongs to the Meghalaya Secretariat Service.
The business of the Government of Meghalaya is transacted in accordance with the Rules of Executive Business of the Government of the State of Meghalaya. These rules have been framed under clause (2) and (3) of Article 166 of the Constitution of India.
- Corrigendum No.LR(A)32/92/Pt.V/19 Dated Shillong, the 23rd February,2021 - The Actt. Genl (A&E) Meghalaya, Shillong 793001, the word "not" may please be deleted and the word "but" may please be substituted..
- Notification No.LJ(B)3/2021/3 Dated Shillong, the 22nd February,2021 - Appointment of the following Officers as Executive Magistrate for conduct of Garo Hills Autonomous District Council, Elections 2021.
- Notification No.LJ(A)237/80/343 Dated Shillong the 16th February 2021 - Appointment of the following persons as Grade-I Judicial Officers in the scale of pay..
- Notification No.35/95/Pt./11 Dated Shillong, the 12th February, 2021 - Appointment of the following Advocates as Panel Advocates in the Supreme Court, High Court at New Delhi, National Green Tribunals and other Judicial or Quasi Judicial Bodies at New Delhi..
- Notification No.LR(A)32/92/Pt.IV/269 Dated Shillong the 12th February 2021 - Appointment the following Advocates as the Assistant Public Prosecutor for East Jaintia Hills Disrict, Khliehriat..
- Notification No.LR(A)32/92/Pt.IV/268 Dated Shillong the 12th February 2021 - Appointment of Smti Synshar Kyndiah as the Additional Public Prosecutor for West Jaintia Hills District, Jowai..